Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

28 Jan 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show (19 - 22 Jan, 2017)

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Having heard about Singapore Contemporary Art Show (2nd edition) which opens on 19 January, 2017 at the Suntec Singapore Convention and Exhibition Centre, I decided to make my way down with a friend on the very last day despite the gloomy weather that persuaded me to think twice.

The event falls strategically during Singapore Art Week which was from January 11 - 22 Jan,
2017. It hosted over 90 exhibitors, featuring a wide collection of paintings, sculptures as well as photography works. Most of these artists were also present, probably during the opening as I visited 2 hours before the event finale. Yup, I missed all the exciting talks, workshops and other sessions that were available to the public. 

My intention to visit was mainly to admire these art works, get inspirations as well as to snap photos of art that captured my attention and liking. Thankfully, I wasn't the only one capturing photos since I spotted many other art enthusiasts or collectors doing the same thing. Gone with the awkward ''am I the only one taking photos?'' feeling. Besides the countless photos which I had taken but only posted a couple of my favourites, I also uploaded 2 brief videos of what it was like in Singapore Contemporary. Not much of a crowd actually, perfect to tour around comfortably while I often looked up to see which country each exhibitors were from. I felt that a country's culture would definitely influence the artists' style of art.

Anyway, feel free to check out Singapore Contemporary's web page link below for more information:

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017

Singapore Contemporary Art Show 2017




Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment