Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

7 May 2014

Hatter Street Bakehouse & Cafe - Might be back next time...

Once again my pictures have been piling up due to my frequent cafe visits for the past 2 weeks. I have been
deprived of desserts ever since I started working in the culinary field and I turned to buying bubble milk tea to satisfy my sugar cravings. #Backtoarmydays when I had a large size cup of bubble milk tea every weekend when I booked out! Sugar addiction really drains my money. Anyway, I had some desserts with my friend along Hougang, a neighborhood cafe!

I sort of randomly picked 3 different cakes to share with my friend and his little daughter since the all the cakes looked rather mundane to me. The white chocolate brownie arrived with a scope of vanilla ice cream, drizzled with butterscotch sauce. Somehow the texture of the brownie was rather dense and similar to kueh bingka ubi (a Malay kueh made from tapioca), only without the chewy element. The white chocolate sweetness could be felt and thankfully the ice cream neutralized it from being overly sweet.  

My friend's daughter wanted the oreo chocolate cheesecake which I guessed was a standard choice for kids (because of the oreo). A double layer cake with a straightforward taste which I interpreted as being flat. 

Last but not least, I tried the chocolate cake which I felt rather ordinary too. The chocolate was not as rich and sinful as I hoped it would be. Despite not enjoying myself, I must applaud that their cakes were heading towards the inventive direction and the staffs were really friendly and willing to describe their cakes to me.
I heard from a friend that their smoked saw dust (panna cotta) and waffle with ice cream were their signatures. Maybe I had made a wrong choice of desserts...    

Related Articles

0 comments:

Post a Comment